This Differential GPS transmitter has carrier power adjustable from 50 to 500 watts. The transmitter uses switching technology in the power amplifiers and modulator/regulator modules resulting in a highly efficient system in a relatively small package.
The exciter portion consists of an interface for a 283.5 to 325 kHz input signal 0-15 dBm and a monitor circuit.
The power portion of each transmitter consists of an independent 500 watt system. Each system has an output filter, a switching power amplifier, and switching modulator/regulator.
The SC500 has the ability to operate with dual antennas and ATU's. Antenna selection is either done locally or through a RSIM command.
The SC500 Dual consists of two independent SC500 transmitters and an Automatic Transfer Unit / RSIM Controller designed for mounting in a standard 19 inch rack cabinet.
For use with the PC.5Kilo Antenna Tuning Unit.
Also, below is the list of SC200 / 500 attributes that are improvements over the SC1000...
The new SC has a number of features:
- Universal Input power supply. No setting jumpers for different parts of the world.
- New switching power supplies make the new SC much lighter than the old SC
- The front panel LCD gives the customers immediate feedback on the operation of the transmitter
- Ethernet helps the customer monitor and control the system from multiple remote terminals or virtually any computer in the world using Internet.
- New shielded RF assemblies and coaxial relays help the new SC meet more stringent requirements.
- New sealed membrane keyboard with 10,000,000 key-press capability replaces old keys that got dirty.
- New external Analog Inputs gives customers access to external signal monitoring at transmitter site.
- New microprocessor "heartbeat circuit" monitors system operation to comply with CAP670 requirements
- More powerful Renesas Microcontroller gives customers greater flexibility on operations
- New modern indoor enclosure has greater EMC capability and smoked glass front door