The SE Series NDB transmitter uses state of the art technology including powerful Renesas© Microcontrollers and Analog Devices© Direct Digital Synthesizers to provide accurate beacon signals in power ranging from 10 Watts to full rated carrier power.
- 125-Watt carrier power
- Programmable for any frequency from
- Optionally Programmable from 650 to 1250 kHz and 1500 to 1800 kHz
The SE provides simplified set-up & maintenance procedures, comprehensive BITE, and full Ethernet capability.
- All operations are controlled from the front panel membrane keypad
- Results of all operations are visible on a bright LED backlit Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) comprised of 4 lines of 40 characters each using White characters on a Blue background
- Analog Meters displaying forward & reflected power, Voltage & Current in the final amplifier stages as well as modulation indication are provided
- Customers can monitor and control their beacons from anywhere in the world and from various points on their Local Area Network (LAN).
- All front panel functions are available at the customer's remote panels or computer screens.
- Interface options include fiber, radio link, copper wire, dial-up or leased line modems.
Built-In Test Equipment (BITE)
The SE transmitter also includes a comprehensive Built-In Test Equipment (BITE) section. From the comfort of the customer's computer terminal, troubleshooting the SE series of NDB's has never been easier. By using the technical manual provided with the NDB, a problem can be diagnosed to module level.
Simple module exchanges can then be made in the field. Southern Avionics offers a Module Exchange program for our customers either direct from the factory or through one of our worldwide dealers.
- Built-in Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) holds operating frequency within 5 ppm
- Power Factor Correcting (PFC) Power Supplies
- Input requirement - 100-264 VAC 45-65 Hertz without changing jumpers
- DC power capability for Battery Backup utilizing 48 VDC
- Remote Monitoring
- 19" rack mount configuration or IP66 certified enclosure
- Remote control unit (2 max)
- Graphical User Interface (with embedded Web Page)
- TCXO to provide 1 (one) ppm accuracy
- Leased line or Land line modem to Ethernet
- Radio link to Ethernet
- Ethernet extender (1.8km max)
- Multi or Single Mode Fiber Optic to Ethernet
- Battery charger: Internal (IP66 enclosure only) or External
- Internal 50 Ohm, 100 Watt Dummy Load
Meets applicable requirements of:
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)
- U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- U.S. Federal Communiations Commision (FCC)
- Transport Canada
- United Kingdom Civil Avaition Authority (UK CAA)
- CAP 670
- Electromagnetic Compatibility requirements of the European Commission (CE)
- EMC, LVD, R&TTE
- Mil-Std - 810
- Ingress Protection level 66